Bohemia Road

From Historical Hastings
Bohemia Road
Bohemia Road 1909
Other Names
Former name(s)Spittleman's Down[a]
Shornden Place
Hollington Lane
Part ofA21
JunctionsLondon Road
North Road
Upper Park Road
Lower South Road
Upper South Road
Tower Road
Newgate Road
Salisbury Road
St. Pauls Road
Cornfield Terrace
Chapel Park Road
Church Road
De Cham Road
Hornyte Park
Magdalen Road
Falaise Road
Johns Place
White Rock Road
Places of WorshipSt. Leonards-on-Sea Methodist Church
Public HousesWheatsheaf Inn, 172
Bricklayers Arms, 132
Hearts of Oak, 116
Prince of Wales, 84
The Bohemia Arms, 76

The ​road​ was dedicated in 1849[1]. When Bohemia Road was widened in 1924, the last ​building​s associated with Bohemia Farm were demolished and the pond filled.[2] This road was renumbered during 1902. following the absorption of Shornden Terrace and a number of other similar terraces into the ​road​[3].



Features in Bohemia Road

Name Street No From To

References & Notes

  1. The portion between Chapel Park Road and Tower Road