J. B. Ward & Co was founded circa 1902 and occupied the location given up by the Main Post Office at 1 Queen's Road when the Post Office moved to custom built premises in Cambridge Road in 1930. Wards also had a branch at 81/2 Bohemia Road during the 1950s. It was best known for being the main stockist for school uniforms in the area. Wards went into administration in 2009. The Bexhill branch continues trading.
References & Notes
1; Queen's Road;1930;2009
- Hastings & St Leonards Observer 15 December 1951 pg. 5