Originally it was intended to continue the range of houses in West Ascent to the top of the hill, uniformly with the opposite range known as East Ascent, but the design was interfered with by the erection of St Leonards Church on its present site (on the seafront just to the west), resulting in only six houses occupying the 'ascent'.
References & Notes
- Brett Manuscript Histories Vol. 1 Chapt. VII Pg 57-58
- British Newspaper Archive Hastings & St. Leonards Observer 31 October 1953 Pg. 0007