From Historical Hastings

A number of libraries appeared in Hastings during the 18th century, with one at 29 High Street, one in Coburg Place and the better known Barry's (latterly Diplock's) on Marine Parade[1]

The earliest library on record would be the circulating library that was recorded as being at 1 Croft Road in 1788 - Stell's Library - with another opening a few years later on Marine Parade in 1791 - Barry's Marine Library, both being recorded as having billard rooms attached[2]

References & Notes

Pages in category ‘Library’

The following 7 pages are in this category, out of 7 total.