From Historical Hastings
|Former name(s)||Cackle Street|
|Named After||Frederick Tuppenney|
Originally known as Cackle Street for the livestock farmed adjacent to the road, this road was renamed after mayor Ald. Frederick Tuppenney in 1903.
Following the demolition of Mount Pleasant Hospital around 1996, plans were in place for a housing development to the east of the road, leading to a spine road and what became essentially a roundabout to nowhere being constructed but the construction of buildings did not take place. Subsequently a revised planning application has been submitted in 2019 to build on the site.
Features in Frederick Road
References & Notes
- ↑ Hastings Borough Council Planning application ref HS/OA/96/00289
- ↑ Hastings Borough Council Planning application ref HS/OA/19/00542