Originally, much of this road was in the possession of William Eldridge, but the sale in 1853 of his part of the road to the Council, led to the possibility of it becoming a thoroughfare to Tackleway and permitted further development of both roads.
Features in Crown Lane
References & Notes
- Brett Manuscript Histories Vol. 5 Chap. 50 Pg. 23