Open Topped Bus Tour
In 1951, Maidstone and District announced that they were to commence tours of the town's landmarks in 40 minutes. There was a fleet of three buses for this purpose and stops were at Breeds Place, Grand Parade, the Buchanan Hospital. Drivers were to act as guides for these tours and they took in St Leonards Gensing Gardens, St Johns Church, Upper Maze Hill, Alexandra Park, the West Hill and the Old Town.
- Hastings and St Leonards Observer - Saturday 07 July 1951