Harold Place

From Historical Hastings Wiki
Harold Place
Other Names
Former name(s)Kentish Buildings

Harold Place was widened circa 1879 when a small terrace called Kentish Buildings was purchased by the Urban Sanitary Authority and demolished to create some public conveniences. The planned toilets drew letters of complaint from among others, the Directors of the Queens Hotel[1]



Name Street No From To

Harold Place Public Conveniences 1998 2019
Harold Place Underground Toilets 1880 1990
Kentish Buildings 1922 1890

Robertson Street Havelock Road Queens Road Pelham Street Denmark Place


  1. Hastings & St Leonards Observer 09 November 1878 pg. 5