White & Norton
From Historical Hastings
Located on the site of the old White Rock Brewery, the caves behind were utilised in WW2 as Air Raid Shelters. White & Norton were a Furriers that were at 41 White Rock from at least 1896 to 1954 when they merged with Longley Brothers Limited of Bexhill; the merger being announced on the 28th of November 1954. By 1956, the store had been renamed to Longley's.
Later : Longley Brothers Limited
References & Notes
- ↑ British Newspaper Archive Hastings & St. Leonards Observer 27 November 1954 Pg. 0006
- ↑ Pike's Directory 1956