Constructed circa 1803, Ross described this as being 'the most delightful house of entertainment in the town' in his town guide.
Directly behind the hotel, on the opposite side of George Street was located the Albion Shades, also operated by James Emary.
Whilst the pub was closed due to the Covid 19 outbreak, it underwent substantial renovations both inside and out, including a mural on the corner wall painted by [Alfie Chabilan]].
Corner Mural with the artist
Advertisement for the Albion Hotel. c1845
Mods outside Royal Albion 1964
References & Notes