|Address||West Hill Road|
In 1890 the Railway Mission opened its first convalescent home for railway men in Hastings, and this then moved to 111 West Hill Road in 1897. The Railway Mission was founded on November the 14th 1881 at Mildmay Park, London when it merged with the Railway Boys Mission. It did not have a personal membership, membership being organised around local secretaries responsible for providing a location for meetings. By 1890 there were 6,000 members and approximately 250 local missions around the United Kingdom and the majority of railway communities had a Railway Mission Hall. Later renamed Gambier House for adult mental health services<ref>Hastings Observer Eversfield Hospital.