Lévy Sons & Co

From Historical Hastings

The initials LL that appear on the front of these cards stand for Léon and Lévy; Moisé Léon and Isaac Lévy (known as Georges) set up their photographic studio in 1862, and the stereoscopic prints they sold were signed LL, representing the initial letters of their two surnames. By 1872, the studio became known as Lévy & Co, with Georges Lévy now the company’s sole director, with the LL signature remaining on the cards. In 1895 Lévy’s two sons, Ernest and Lucien, joined the firm, which was then renamed Lévy Sons & Co.[1]

Images stored on this wiki

References & Notes