Fludes Carpets were a carpet showroom at 37/38 Queen's Road, occupying the site left by the bombing of the Bedford Arms during WW2. An additional site in town was at 50 Robertson Street. Abbey National (now Santander) occupy the Queen's Road site.
The company first traded in 1929, being founded by Leslie Flude, with shops in Wallasey and Birkenhead. Following the Second World War, he moved to the South Coast, expanding the business with a chain of shops extending from Hastings to Bournemouth.
- Fludes Carpets: Our History - Fludes Carpets, accessdate: 4 November 2019