Castleham House

From Historical Hastings
General information
AddressOld Church Road
Loading map...

Built in 1865, Castleham House was surrounded by approximately seven acres of land, and was the home of Alderman Stone until his death in 1887, his estate valued at £30,800 passing to his wife. The estate was listed as being for sale, together with the farm that was its namesake in 1925 upon his wife's death[1]. During the early 1950s, Castleham House was occupied by the 'Residential School for Recovery', a branch of the Invalid Children's Aid Association[2], providing accommodation for up to 60 girls aged 11 to 15[3]


References & Notes

  1. Hastings & St Leonards Observer 5 September 1925 pg. 6
  2. Hastings & St Leonards Observer 18 August 1951 pg. 4
  3. Hastings & St Leonards Observer 10 February 1951 pg. 3