Caroline Place

From Historical Hastings
Caroline Place

Caroline Place, once known as the Chalk Road is shown adjoining Ransom and Ridley's Shipyard in Powell's map of 1822 and consisted of lodging houses, well defended from the 'Northern Blast'. It was probably named after Queen Caroline, wife of George IV as she was very popular.[1]. The name ceased usage in 1959, with the ​road​ now being under Castle Court.


References & Notes