Bourne Wesleyan Methodist Church
Formerly the Hastings Theatre and situated on Bourne Street (now The Bourne), this site was purchased by the Hastings Circuit of the Wesleyan Methodists for the sum of £780, with the adjoining house and cottage for £600 in 1834. The church had previously met at a hall in Waterloo Place which later became the Waterloo Place British School. Further modifications to the building were carried out in 1859 and 1866. Clearances for the 'new' road (The Bourne) to be cut through the Old Town necessitated the demolition of the building's frontage and reconstruction further back from the road in the late 1960s.