Barham House Postbox
From Historical Hastings
A Postbox at the junction of London Road and Clyde Road with the initials 'VR' in the hexagonal 1866 pattern (which remained in use until 1876) - in Post Office terms, Number 1 Box, Hastings (known officially as "Barham House") - possibly the first post box within the town was reported to be in good condition in a report in the H&SLO of 29 November 1952. It was, however damaged by a lorry backing into it during the 1970s. The replacement pillar box is now located in front of number 74 London Road.