Bal Edmund School for Girls and Kindergarten

From Historical Hastings

Originally known as the Orchard School, opened circa 1930[1] in Sedlescombe Road South, changing name to Bal Edmund School around 1938[2] when re-located to the junction of Battle Road and Upper Church Road (now Bal Edmund), reverting back to its original name, specialising in speech, in 1954 after moving to Radcliffe House[3]


References & Notes

  1. Hastings & St Leonards Observer 11 October 1930 pg. 11
  2. Hastings & St Leonards Observer 27 August 1938 pg. 18
  3. Hastings & St Leonards Observer 11 September 1954 pg. 10