The Sandringham Hotel was a prominent feature in Pelham Place, being originally the premises of the Hastings Old Bank. The hotel was opened in August 1899 by Charles A. Venn with 25 rooms spread over four floors..
The ground floor was converted to an amusement arcade in 1937.
The building stood derelict for a number of years prior to being sold at auction in 1945 and converted into flats above a restaurant in 1947.
Harold Stephenson (1879-1951) was listed as a proprietor in the notification of a will