Mount Pleasant Congregational Church

From Historical Hastings Wiki

St Marks Church on Mount Pleasant Road was constructed in 1879[1]. Built with a capacity of 500 parishioners, it was severely damaged by nearby bomb explosions during World War 2 and although repairs were undertaken by the War Damage Commission, the church subsequently needed almost continual repair. As a result of this, a decision was taken to have the existing buildings demolished during 1970[1] and a new block of flats was developed on the site. Conditional with the planning of the new flats, a smaller sanctuary, seating 80, and two halls each with kitchen and toilet facilities would be built below the flats, becoming St Mark’s United Reformed Church.[1] The church is now accessed via Hughenden Place