London Road Abattoir

From Historical Hastings Wiki

Summary[edit]

Hastings Abattoir was located behind a field between London Road and Southwater Road (roughly where Heron House stands) in St Leonards for a number of years.

In 1954, removal from these premises was urged to a more suitable site, the current site having been only intended as a temporary location and there were increasing fears that visitors and residents alike were being offended by its current location.[1], the site being cleared during the 1960s.


References[edit]

  1. Hastings and St Leonards Observer - Saturday 16 October 1954 pg.4