Diplock's Library

From Historical Hastings Wiki

Diplock's library was a subscription library[1] situated in Marine Parade opened in 1791[2] Under Mr Diplock's tenure, it was known as 'The Royal Marine Library'[1]

When Diplock took the library over, he increased the number of publications considerably and introduced nine extra daily newspapers and six weekly editions. Above the library was situated a Billiard Room.[1]

  1. 1.0 1.1 1.2 Friends of Hastings Cemetery
  2. A Guide to Hastings & St Leonards (Thomas Ross 1835) pg.25 Google Books