James Barry around 1800 constructed a small parade opposite his Marine Library at the end of George Street. This was extended five years later with Barry raising much of the needed cash for the construction. Storms in 1812 provided a reason to re-build and further expansion of the parade, again with Barry at the forefront..
On the night of the 25th of May 2014, a fire engulfed numbers 1 & 2, gutting the former building requiring demolition and rebuilding during 2017, the building being utilised both pre and post fire as a HMO.
|Hastings and St Leonards Angling Association||100||1979|
- Hastings Chronicle (S Peak)
- Hastings Borough Council Planning application ref: HS/FA/16/00905