Carlisle Parade

From Historical Hastings Wiki
Carlisle Parade
Named AfterLord Carlisle
OwnerCrown Lands
Junctions
JunctionsCarlisle Parade
Construction
Construction start1850
Landmarks
FeaturesLion Statue
Unicorn Statue
Carlisle Parade Underground Car Park
Carlisle Parade Sunken Garden


Summary[edit | edit source]

Carlisle Parade was originally part of the America Ground. Building started around 1850 when Lord Carlisle[1] was Chief Commisioner for Woods and Forests, the government body that appropriated the America Ground and seized ownership.

Part of the terrace is recorded as having been constructed by George Scott[2].

... further results

  1. Hastings of Bygone Days and the Present (Henry Cousins - 1911) pg.305 ISBN: 9789332862449 ESCC Library Google Books
  2. Hastings & St Leonards Observer 24 November 1894 pg. 7