Borgeauds Bakery with premises at 51 London Road,7 Gensing Road, 8 Sedlescombe Road North and 407 Battle Road opened between 1899 and 1911 when Alfred Borgeaud took over the Gensing Road premises which had been converted from a grocery shop to a bakery by Frederick Harman some time between 1878 and 1899. By 1953, the bakery was owned by Messrs L & W Fookes with the main production premises being on Tower Road West from 1944 on the site previously utilised by Robinson's Bakery.At some time, there were ovens in a basement in Queens Road, moving to the Tower Road West premises around 1850.
- 7;Gensing Road;1951;1970
- 51;London Road
- 407;Battle Road :8;Sedlescombe Road North;
- 1;Tower Road West;1944 :3;Tower Road West;1944 :5;Tower Road West;1944
- Post Office Directory 1878, Kelly's Directory 1890, 1899 & 1911
- British Newspaper Archive Hastings & St. Leonards Observer 11 March 1944 Pg. 0005
- The Bohemia Village Voice: The Old Bakery – happy memories on £1.50 per week | The Bohemia Village Voice, accessdate: 31 December 2019