Located on the southern side of and at 1,3,5 Tower Road West, Robinson's Bakery occupied the former building firm of Thomas Salter's premises at some time after 1923. On the 9th of November, 1936 the building was struck by lightning during a thunder storm causing the roof to be split from end-to-end. The men working in the bakery at the time escaped unharmed The building became part of the Borgeauds bakery chain by 1944 when a planning application to temporarily enclose the walkway between the bakery and packing room was approved. The building is now residential.
References & Notes
- Pike's 1923 Street Directory
- British Newspaper Archive Hastings & St. Leonards Observer 14 November 1936 Pg. 0017
- British Newspaper Archive Hastings & St. Leonards Observer 11 March 1944 Pg. 0005