Zoar Chapel was set up by a secession of former worshippers from the Ebenezer Chapel in what was Bourne Street at the bottom of The Creek around 1822 as a Protestant Calvinist chapel.
There was space in the chapel for about 120 persons, with between 70 and 80 attending each service. William Standen of 68 High Street was recorded as being the manager in the 1851 religious census.
From various records, it would appear that the chapel did not survive much beyond the late 19th Century.
References & Notes
- ↑ Hastings, past and present (Mary Matilda Howard) pg. 44 Google Books
- ↑ Osborne's Visitor's Guide to Hastings and St Leonards c1854 3rd ed. Pg. 50 Google Books
- ↑ a b 1066 Genealogy: 1066 Genealogy, accessdate: 29 November 2019