From Historical Hastings
The Stonefield Estate was land situated in an area previously known as 'The Steeps'. This land was owned by Mr Edward Henry Sayer-Milward and sold in three separate lots, the last lot being put up for auction in 1886. This section comprised what is now part of Milward Road, Milward Crescent and Stonefield Road.
References & Notes
- ↑ Hastings & St Leonards Observer 10 Jul 1886 pg. 6