Ledsham Court

From Historical Hastings
General information
AddressThe Ridge
Loading map...

This building, one time home of George Archibald Thorpe (1825-1896)[1] was known as Highcroft for a period and was a boarding and day school for seventy girls until the poor health of the Principle (Mrs Winifred Redfarn) led to its closure on the 15th of December 1978[2], the building later becoming a nursing home before suffering a fire after the nursing home closed. A modern building now occupies the site, Hastings Court. Other names include: Hastings Cottage and St Margaret's[1].


References & Notes

  1. a b Friends of Hastings Cemetery: Thorpe, George Archibald, p.2, accessdate: 19 January 2020
  2. The Hastings Chronicle: 1950-1979 – The Hastings Chronicle, accessdate: 19 January 2020