|Address||2-3 Bank Buildings|
Montague Burton Ltd. was a clothing chain store at 2-3 Bank Buildings between 1927 and around the 1980s/90s. The corner position that the new Burtons building occupied was previously known as 'Reeves Corner'. In the early 1970s, the parapet wall was lowered, losing in process the neoclassical pediment that was central atop the wall.
References & Notes
- Hastings Borough Council Planning application ref HS/70/00829