Step Meadow

From Historical Hastings Wiki

The Step Meadow encompassed Cornwallis Gardens up through Holmesdale Gardens towards Bohemia and formed part of the Priory Farm lands. Cole suggests that the step meadow and the area towards Lady Frances Jocelyn's house (White Rock Villa) above White Rock was where William established his camp upon landing in the area.[1].

  1. The Antiquities of Hastings and the Battlefield (Thomas Cole 1864) Pg. 35 Google Books - 1864 ESCC Library. A later edition is also available: ESCC Library - 1884