|Address||40 Sedlescombe Road North|
|Electoral/Planning Ward||SILVERHILL Pre May 2018|
|Prop. Ref. No.||100062577640|
The Silverhill Tavern was first open in 1841 by Stephen Pilcher, who'd created the public house in his home at 9 Silverhill Terrace. In 1898 the public house had taken over number 8 and become 38 - 40 Sedlescombe Road North after renumbering. In 1900 improvements took place, paid for by Watneys, which introduced a new clubroom and toilets. In the 1930s it was home to an alternative Winkle Club, which accepted ladies, but this was short lived. The pub was briefly renamed Bar Diva circa 2000, before reverting back to Silverhill Tavern in 2011, but closed permanently in 2012 and eventually converted into housing.