Rosslyn

From Historical Hastings Wiki
Rosslyn
General information
Address32 Chapel Park Road
Built1884
Admin. Information
Prop. Ref. No.100061924570


Built in 1884, Rosslyn at 32 Chapel Park Road was the residence of the Rev Edward Clowes, who in the late 1890's became the rector of nearby St Mary Magdalene church[1]

Subsequent to his occupation, it became the Church Army Home for Motherless Children before briefly becoming a hotel, then reverting to residential occupation. Prior to demolition in 2008, the building became part of Dane Court nursing home in 1981, merging with numbers 34 and 36 .[1]