Robertson Street Church Institute
|This page is a works in progress. Please check in with the last shown editor in the history prior to making any edits|
Robertson Street Congregational Church Institute was designed by Vernon and situated in Priory Street It was operational as a church institute and meeting rooms from around 1867 until circa 1962 when it changed hands to become the Priory Billiards Club. It later was converted to become the Penguin Link Bingo Club in 1972, the Penguin Cinema in 1974 with a nightclub Dennies Nightclub in the basement. A snooker club formed here, also named Penguin.
The building was eventually demolished in 2007.