Built circa 1868, Normanhurst Court was the largest house for many miles built by the Brassey family after years spent renting Beauport Park. In style, it was described as brash, being a physical manifestation of the family wealth.
The house suffered a major fire during 1908. During WW1, the buildings was used as a Red Cross Auxiliary Hospital in WW1.In 1916, a number of portions of the 909 acre estate was sold at auction in Bexhill
- Report on Normanhurst & Brassey Family
- List of auxiliary hospitals in the UK during the First World War.pdf, accessdate: 14 June 2020
- Hastings & St Leonards Observer 17 June 1916 pg. 2
- Prisoner of War Camps Report for web.doc - https://historicengland.org.uk/images-books/publications/prisoner-of-war-camps/prisoner-of-war-camps/, accessdate: 8 September 2020