Summary[edit | edit source]
Ladies Parlour is the name given to the semi grass-banked enclosure to the north-east of Hastings Castle
Archaeology[edit | edit source]
Some flint implements, bones and shells were found on the southern slope of this area during an archaeological survey by W. J. Lewis Abbott. These were described as containing an abundance of the diminutive forms known as "pigmy implements" - finely chipped pieces between 1-5 centimetres in length and of a characteristic triangular, crescent or rhomboidal form.
- Hastings Survey of Times Past and Present (Anthony Belt F.L.S.) 1937 pg.31 ESCC Library