Hare and Hounds

From Historical Hastings Wiki

Originally slightly further north than the pub's final location, the town's first theatre was in a white-boarded annex to this public house in Ore opening on the 1st of July, 1806 with a comedy called ‘The Soldier’s Daughter’. The theatre was known to be popular with the troops garrisoned at the nearby Halton Barracks, eventually burning down on Boxing Day 1867[1]. A blue plaque marks the location.


References[edit | edit source]