Gant’s plan

From Historical Hastings Wiki

Arriving in Hastings during 1850[1], in 1851, a certain Mr. Gant produced a detailed plan of Hastings at a scale of two feet to a mile and covered everything from the Toll gate on Old London Road and the Priory Stream. This consisted of ten sheets and covered a space of sixty square feet. Due to the impressive detail on the plan, Gant was again contracted to produce a further set of plans covering the buildings then erected towards and in St. Leonards[2] for a cost of £40 extra. The map is held at Hastings Museum and Art Gallery.

Footnotes (including sources)[edit]