This page is a stub
The earliest mention in the press relates to an advertisement for a domestic servant in 1893 for premises named as Dunmore, Combermere Road, no mention is given at that date of the premises being a school. By 1900, the property is listed as being up for let, providing "3 reception rooms, 5 bedrooms and the usual offices". On the 4th of May 1901, the property finally appears as a "Home school for the daughters of gentlemen" and a preparatory school for young boys under the tutelage of the Misses Waymouth.
By 1907, the school would appear to have removed to London Road, occupying a terrace of buildings opposite North Road. The school would appear to have gone into decline during the early period of WW2, rooms being advertised as lodgings by May of 1940, with the final mention in the press of the school being in August of that year