Number 1, Cavendish place was most likely constructed circa 1831, when it appears in the Poor Rate assessments as belonging to Charles Frederick Nott. Remaining in his possession until around 1850, when the tenants were the Rev. Edgar Rust between 1837-183, Susanna Stott 1844-1849, then a name of Flood.
By July of 1870, there was formed a terrace of eight houses, number 1 being owned and occupied by Thomas Dawes. April 1880 sees Samuel James Heathfield through 1890, the buildings being absorbed into Croft Road by around 1900[Notes 1]
- Brett in his Manuscript Histories gives the date of absorption into Cavendish Place of the terrace (Cavendish Terrace) as 1851