Castle Hill Road
|Former name(s)||Castle Road|
Originally known as Castle Lane, the lower portions of this road have seen substantial changes over the years, the first being the levelling of the Gun Garden in 1892 to form Castle Gardens. In 1937, numbers 23, 25, 27, 29, 31 and 33 (backing on to Wellington Square were cleared as part of the 1930 Slum Clearances, then later, during the 1970s when the buildings on the east side of the road numbering 16 to 62 (evens) were demolished to form a car park circa 1972.
|Castle Cross House|
- Hastings Borough Council Planning application ref: HS/71/01001