Yielding Farm

From Historical Hastings Wiki

The Manor of Yielding was acquired by the Eversfield Estate around 1812, with Hull Farm being listed as the name of the farm.
In present-day terms, the farm stood in the area of Ghyllside Avenue and Grange Avenue, near to Old Roar Ghyll


Rolls of rentals of the manor list the following areas:
Gatemans (prev. Sackviles and Crispes) Frankenland/Carpenters/Crispes/Barringtons Stilefield and Torlands in Ore

Ownership[1][edit]

1483: Richard Levett
c1500: John Levett
1554: Laurence Levett
1583: Mary Levett
1607: Thomas Eversfield - then continues in the same family

References[edit]

  1. The Eversfield Family - Landowners and their Sussex Estates 1327-1956 (A. C. Andrews 2004) Hastings Museum and Art Gallery Local Studies Room