Wellington Square Baptist Church

From Historical Hastings Wiki

Constructed in 1838 by a shipowner from London, Mr Joseph[1] Fletcher. The first minister was Mr Saffey, the congregation having previously met at the Swan Hotel, High Street.[2] The new chapel had seating for 600 persons[1].

  1. 1.0 1.1 Whiteman's guide to Hastings, St. Leonards, and the neighbourhood – Spencer Whiteman (6th ed) pg.29 Google Books
  2. Hastings of Bygone Days and the Present (Henry Cousins - 1911) pg.304 ISBN: 9789332862449 ESCC Library Google Books