|Former name(s)||Queens Road|
|Named After||Queen Victoria|
Victoria Avenue, parts of which pre-date Ordnance Survey mapping, was formerly named Queens Road, but to avoid confusion with the rapidly expanding Queens Road in Hastings Town Centre was renamed in 1901, even though this road bore the name prior to the town centre one.
There was a suggestion in January 1901 that it should have been named Vine Road (after the Vine Farm estate on which it had been built), but this was rejected at the council meeting that approved the final name, in part due to complaints from residents, who had preferred the name Victoria Avenue (who had passed away recently)
- Hastings & St Leonards Observer 5 Jan 1901 pg. 6
- Hastings & St Leonards Observer 16 Feb 1901 pg. 6