Originally Pevensey Road appeared to have been split into two sections, the western section being named Pevensey Road West. The two sections were merged and renamed in 1887.The junction with Charles Road and Dane Road consists of a grass triangle with a number of large Chestnut trees. There was a public telephone box until the 1990s on this triangle. This land was donated by Mr. C. J. Eversfield to the Corporation as ornamental ground in 1877 This road was renumbered during 1887.
|Collegiate School for Girls||Bonham House|
|St Johns Church||1867|
- Hastings & St Leonards Observer 06 August 1887 pg. 7
- British Newspaper Archive Hastings & St. Leonards Observer 2 June 1877 Pg. 0005