Ellis Son and Vidler
Summary[edit | edit source]
In 1860 the vaulted wine cellars beneath Pelham Arcade were built and occupied by Joseph Arnold, wine, spirit & beer merchants but a decade later they were trading as Ellis, Wilson & Vidler who operated the site as a bottling plant, then Ellis Son and Vidler whose name could (although now plastered over) be made out in raised letters beneath the paintwork on Pelham Crescent . Vidlers closed down in the early 1980s. The Arcade was for many years on the heritage at risk register until minor remedial work was done in 2012.