Cinque Ports Rifles
The First Cinque Ports Rifle Corps (Hastings and St. Leonards) was enrolled in November, 1859. Upon the establishment there were 140 men of all ranks. The uniform was grey with blue facings. The Rifle Range was in Ecclesbourne Glen. Both this and the Cinque Ports Artillery shared a depot in Middle Street, which was erected in 1861, by Lieut. Col. Harcourt, for the joint use of the Artillery and Riﬂe Corps.
- Osborne's Visitor's Guide to Hastings and St Leonards c1854 3rd ed. Pg. 62 Google Books