Christ Church Ore
|Christ Church Ore|
|Location||Old London Road|
|Parish||Christ Church Ore|
|Deanery||Rural Deanery of Hastings|
|Archdeaconry||Archdeaconry of Lewes and Hastings|
|Diocese||Diocese of Chichester|
Summary[edit | edit source]
Christchurch Ore is an Anglican church on Old London Road in Ore Village. The building was designed by Alexander Dick Gough (and was his only church in Sussex) during 1858, with building starting almost immediately. The foundation stone was laid by Countess Waldegrave on the 23rd of November 1858.
The building was damaged by enemy action during February 1943 but was soon repaired. The church itself is Grade II Listed (Historic England listing 1043454). The parish of All Souls Church was absorbed into Christ Church Ore on the former's closure in 2008.