Bexhill Road Railway Bridge

From Historical Hastings Wiki

Summary[edit | edit source]

Prior to 1888, the railway over Bexhill Road passed over a brick arch permitting traffic to flow beneath. In a Council Committee meeting reported in the Hastings & St Leonards Observer, it was stated that; "...in connection with the intended widening of the railway westward of the London, Brighton and South Coast Company's West Marina Station, an agreement has been entered into between the Company and the Corporation for the substituting by the Company of an iron girder bridge for the present archway over the public road leading to Bexhill....the Committee reccomend that the agreement be formally confirmed."[1]

  1. Hastings and St Leonards Observer - Saturday 07 July 1888 pg 6