Bedford Road

From Historical Hastings Wiki
Bedford Road
Other Names
Former name(s)Totheigh Road
Junctions
JunctionsAthelstan Road
Edmund Road


Summary[edit | edit source]

Originally named 'Totheigh Road'.[1] The terrace of houses at numbers 1 to 9 (excluding 1a) and Bedford House which originally was the vicarage to the adjacent All Souls Church are contemporaneous with the construction of the church, construction appearing to have taken place in 1894/1895 to plans drawn up by the architect Mr D. Jones, the land being in the ownership of Mr C. Lamb[2]


References[edit | edit source]